Tuesday, June 5, 2012

And We Have a Laugh

IMG_1789

This little cutie decided she would make her mommy's day. After I changed her diaper this afternoon, I was playing with her and tickled her side. I could tell she was ticklish when a huge smile appeared on her face. Seeing if I could see her adorable grin a second time, I tickled Caroline again and was rewarded with her first giggle! It put the biggest smile on my face as I ran to get my phone so I could take a video to show David.

Of course, when I tried to capture her laugh, she really wouldn't do it and kind of started to fuss. Figures. I think babies and toddlers have a secret plan to make all parents look like liars. I can't tell you how many times I've said, "Riley, do such-and-such for Eebee." only to be answered with a blank stare that says, I have no clue what you're talking about, Mother. Thankfully, I was able to get a small laugh on video. It wasn't like the first, but I'm sure we'll hear it much more in the weeks to come.


Proverbs 17:22 says, ... a merry heart doeth good like a medicine. That merry heart doesn't always have to be your own. Even when I'm in the foulest of moods, seeing my children happy and carefree has a way of cheering me up. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad for you that you get to witness all your girlies' firsts!! Isn't it the best??!! :)

    ReplyDelete