Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Not So Wordless Wednesday

Everyone says don't compare your children but can we really help it? Not all comparisons are bad, that's for sure. So far, Riley and Caroline have been very similar babies - good natured, excellent sleepers, totally adorable. It's funny because when I look at Caroline, I see so much of Riley. When I put the pictures side-by-side, though, the similarities aren't as blatant as I thought. 

One thing is for sure, Caroline is much chunkier than Riley was at this age. Caroline is 6.5 weeks old. At this age Riley was still comfortably fitting into newborn clothes (she had just grown out of preemie sleepers). Today, I put most of the newborn clothes away. For some reason, this makes me feel like Caroline's "babyhood" is passing even more quickly than Riley's. I have to admit I enjoyed having a tiny baby the first time around; it made her seem younger longer (even though she met milestones very early). 

And before this becomes an excessively wordy post, I'll leave you with these two photos. They were both taken at 11 days old and by the same photographer. Enjoy the cuteness.

Brown-112_2
Riley Grace at 11 days

Untitled
Caroline Elizabeth at 11 days




and
 then, she {snapped}

No comments:

Post a Comment